20. Putting your code in the right place: a brief introduction to prg banking
21. Giving your main character a sword
22. Adding more features to the pause menu
23. Adding a second map
24. Saving the Game
25. Adding objects that attract or repel the player
26. Adding an enemy that mimics player behavior
27. Adding a new sprite size
Playing your Game
Okay, so you’ve set up your tools, you’ve built the game, and you’ve started it in the emulator. How do you play it?
The controls are pretty straightforward.
Startwill start the game, as well as pause.
Directional padis used to select things in menus, and also move in-game.
Abutton is currently unused
Bbutton is currently unused
To start the game, you can either run the
make run command, or double-click the
.nes file in the
after building the game.